The Alpine Resort is a historic Door County Wisconsin stay and play destination, located just south of Egg Harbor. Known for its stunning natural beauty and relaxed environment, the Alpine Resort is a favorite of locals and visitors alike. The property encompasses nearly half a mile of shoreline, with picturesque bluffs, stunning waterfront along Lake Michigan’s Green Bay, one of Door County’s most scenic golf courses, and the iconic resort itself.
The Alpine is a historic resort with a special 100-year history. Under new management, plans are in place to restore the main lodge, improve the golf course, and rejuvenate the waterfront. Future expansion plans will offer a variety of dining and lodging accommodations, as well as other recreational activities along the waterfront.
The Maintenance Crew is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain resort facilities, grounds, and equipment according to safety, predictive, and maintenance systems and processes to support the large multi-faceted property with high seasonal, weekend and holiday demands.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Regularly inspects all buildings and structures to determine that functional systems are in good working order, making repairs where needed, and informing Manager when major repairs are needed.
- Check for new maintenance requests and complete within the department standards.
- Performs routine carpentry and painting work as needed for all facilities.
- Performs routine HVAC service and troubleshooting for all facilities.
- Ensures completion of preventative maintenance program for all facilities.
- Ensures the work order system is thoroughly completed resulting in high guest satisfaction.
- Performs routine maintenance in a variety of weather conditions and locations on the resort
- Operates and trains use of light and heavy equipment.
- Performs other work related duties as assigned
- Performs work related duties during day and night, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to respond on-site to after-hours emergencies on a rotation basis & Participate in on call rotation
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments.
- 3-5 Years of experience in a similar role
- Carpentry Experience is a must
- Ability to focus attention on details, speed and accuracy.
- Test, troubleshoot and perform basic repair on all types of equipment.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional, maintain confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $24.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate
- Egg Harbor, WI 54209: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Can you tell us about any skills or experience you have that might be helpful in this job?
- What motivates you to do a great job at work, other than the paycheck?
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Maintenance: 3 years (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Required)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Preferred)