**Tentative Start Date May 1, 2023, this may change based on business needs**
The Alpine Resort is a historic Door County Wisconsin stay and play destination, located just south of Egg Harbor. Known for its stunning natural beauty and relaxed environment, the Alpine Resort is a favorite of locals and visitors alike. The property encompasses nearly half a mile of shoreline, with picturesque bluffs, stunning waterfront along Lake Michigan’s Green Bay, one of Door County’s most scenic golf courses, and the iconic resort itself.
The Alpine is a historic resort with a special 100-year history. Under new management, plans are in place to restore the main lodge, improve the golf course, and rejuvenate the waterfront. Future expansion plans will offer a variety of dining and lodging accommodations, as well as other recreational activities along the waterfront.
The Landscaper is responsible for performing tasks involving physical labor on landscaping team. The person in this position may operate a variety of hand and power tools, clean and prepare sites, trim natural environments, dig trenches, clean up debris and remove waste materials.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Performs assigned maintenance procedures as directed such as, but not limited to: mowing, edging, pruning, hedging, raking, sweeping, weed and pest control, snow removal.
- Has working knowledge of common landscape, trees, plants, perennials, flowers, and groundcover; proper horticulture practices and procedures; some irrigation knowledge.
- Completes assigned tasks safely and efficiently.
- Uses assigned tools and power equipment in a safe and prescribed manner, avoiding misuse, breakage, or loss.
- Keeps tools, machines, and all other company equipment in clean and proper working order.
- Responsible for preparing the ground area before and after events to maintain the quality of the Landscaping
- Loading and unloading trucks and hauling and material handling and storage
- Complying with safety regulations and a maintaining clean and orderly facility
- Performing other work-related duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Must possess or be able to obtain a valid and appropriate state driver’s license prior to employment
- Any combination of education and experience that demonstrates the knowledge and ability to perform the work
- Some knowledge of proper use of equipment, materials and supplies used in heavy/highway construction work
- Ability to work independently and complete daily activities according to work schedule
- Ability to lift heavy objects, walk and stand for long periods of time and perform strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions
- Ability to use equipment and tools properly and safely
- Ability to understand, follow and transmit written and oral instructions
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate
- Egg Harbor, WI: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- What motivates you to do a great job at work, other than the paycheck?
- Can you tell us about any skills or experience you have that might be helpful in this job?
- Landscape maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Preferred)