**Tentative Start Date would be as soon as avalible**
The Alpine Resort is a historic Door County Wisconsin stay and play destination, located just south of Egg Harbor. Known for its stunning natural beauty and relaxed environment, the Alpine Resort is a favorite of locals and visitors alike. The property encompasses nearly half a mile of shoreline, with picturesque bluffs, stunning waterfront along Lake Michigan’s Green Bay, one of Door County’s most scenic golf courses, and the iconic resort itself.
The Alpine is a historic resort with a special 100-year history. Under new management, plans are in place to restore the main lodge, improve the golf course, and rejuvenate the waterfront. Future expansion plans will offer a variety of dining and lodging accommodations, as well as other recreational activities along the waterfront.
The Banquet Chef is responsible for planning/preparing event menus and managing/directing the Catering staff. This is a new department within our organization and your input, ideas and experience will be vital in the success.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Making periodic and regular inspections of units to observe quality of food preparation and service, food appearance, and cleanliness and sanitation of production and service areas, equipment and employee appearance
- Coordinating all training activities for kitchen, bakery, butcher shop, and other production and service employees to include the identification and analysis of training needs and the design and implementation of programs to address these deficiencies
- Developing recipes and portion specifications in accordance with consumer tastes, nutritional needs, product specifications, ease of preparation, and established procedures and budgetary constraints
- Participating in other menu planning activities to include the determination of purchasing specifications, product and recipe testing, and menu development
- Assisting operation managers as requested in areas such as plate presentation, special function menu planning, and the design of new service areas
- Preparing operational reports and analyses setting forth progress, adverse trends and making appropriate recommendations
- Performing other work-related duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Associates degree or comparable experience with a major concentration in food preparation, management, nutrition or related field
- Four years progressive experience in high volume food production or catering
- Equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience considered
- Ability to work in fast paced, high-stress environment
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $50,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 4 years
- 5 years
- Yearly pay
Weekly day range
- Every weekend
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Casual dining restaurant
- Upscale casual restaurant
Ability to commute/relocate
- Egg Harbor, WI: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Can you tell us about any skills or experience you have that might be helpful in this job?
- What motivates you to do a great job at work, other than the paycheck?
- List any additional skills, knowledge or abilities that you have.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Supervising: 5 years (Preferred)
- Catering: 5 years (Preferred)
- English or any other languages (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Preferred)